My Top 10 Favorite Looks from the Projection Runway Flavor 16 Finale

pr_1614_090817_bn_0266.jpg

The talent on Project Runway, besides equally the drama, were very very existent this season. Even if y'all haven't turned Lifetime on in years, I'm certain y'all heard about 2 Dissever CHEATING SCANDALS related to the oh-so-irritating twin competitors Claire and Shawn Buitendorp. If you can't already tell, I'm quite happy they did not identify as a finalists. Just I digress...

This season, the finale consisted of collections fabricated by the terminal four contestants, Margarita Alvarez, Brandon Kee, Ayana Ife and the at present reigning champion, Kentaro Kameyama. Information technology was a shut contest with enough of high scores and wins during the season for each of the finalists. And in my opinion, this finale show did not brand it any easier to decide as a viewer, who should win.

Typically, I have a strong stance about which drove I think is the strongest. Only in this particular case, I had a hard time deciding. I liked pieces and concepts from anybody's collection, merely wasn't particularly drawn to or put off by any one collection.

What's nice about this season finale is that if yous printed photos of each garment and asked someone to categorize them into the four dissimilar collections, it would have them a total of 30 seconds. Meaning that each drove was different from the others and that the pieces within them were ultra cohesive.

Only I'd go insane if I had to choose a favorite drove, so instead I will show you my top 10 favorite looks from the episode. In no detail society, here we go.

Ayana - Look #4

I love the silhouette of this garment. It not only looks chic and professional, it looks relaxed and comfortable. Plus the headwrap really takes this to the next level as a argument look

pr16-ep14-ai-final-4.jpg

Kentaro - Look #iv

While I'yard non crazy about the slap-up and in this case flesh-tone of the pant in the dorsum (I think the lack of contrast doesn't practice this model many favors,) I thought of how much I adored the front detailing on the pant and how often I would come up with excuses to wear the draped portion of the blouse (over a longer undershirt of course in my example) if I endemic it. It was definitely memorable and one of my favorite looks from this collection.

pr16-ep14-kk-final-4.jpg

Brandon - Look #i

I really love the simplicity and unique hems and finishes to this clothes. The rounded off outline of the skirt and sleeves brand for a softness and femininity that I couldn't get over, while the contrast of the solid pale orange top and the light flouncy pattern of the skirt makes it bold enough besides. I wish a bit more than of this orange fabric and perhaps other solids had been used more in his collection.

pr16-ep14-brk-final-1.jpg

Margarita - Look #6

I thought this bold and colorful expect was truly fantastic. I felt that the top was something every daughter dreams of having in her closet,  and that the pants were charmingly nostalgic, virtually reminding me of wallpapers and paper cups from the 90's. I could see both of these garments piece of work well with other looks besides. But they were too at the aforementioned time truly made for each other.

pr16-ep14-ma-final-6.jpg

Margarita - Look #9

This was another wait from Margarita'due south collection that I felt utilized color well and also the correct amount of bold and soft. One time again, she created separates I could see working with other items in a manner-focused person'due south closet. I could meet these items dressed upwards or downwards, and definitely tin can run into this being someone's go-to when vacationing somewhere hot. Plus I felt that this took a classic silhouette to the adjacent level.

pr16-ep14-ma-final-9.jpg

Ayana - Expect #6

It'south hard to make me like a brim over a pair of pants, but I'll make an exception for this await since the fit is so perfect. The skirt looks almost similar an apron or an extension of the top. It's chic, has a lot of detail yet not too much, and has a soft yet utilitarian vibe to it that I found truly beautiful.

pr16-ep14-ai-final-6.jpg

Brandon - Expect #3

With Thanksgiving just existence over a few days ago, these flowing and loose-fitting garments are really communicable my eye. And I dear the ribbon effect on the sides of Brandon's garments in this collection. That particular detail is so slimming and adds and so much texture to these garments. The way that the vest hugs the wearing apparel in the back is also simply effortlessly feminine.

pr16-ep14-brk-final-3.jpg

Margarita - Await #10

When it came to the pieces I loved in Margarita's drove, they all had one thing in common: The owners of these garments would have an absolute blast putting them on every unmarried time. They are so bright and vibrant and fun. And while I empathise that they're non for every day and every occasion, she created the garments that would get a woman's go-to to take fun in, and in that location'due south and then much value in that.

pr16-ep14-ma-final-10.jpg

Ayana - Look #9

The ii things that make this garment incredible are the volume and the motion. When the model walks, the different layers of the clothes billow beautifully around her about engulfing her in the material, making this perfect for a runway bear witness. I wonder how information technology looks photographed when the model is standing notwithstanding. I wonder if information technology loses anything when at that place's no movement for he cloth. But this is a very flattering silhouette and colour scheme on the model.

pr16-ep14-ai-final-9.jpg

Kentaro - Look #x

I can run across how this await can exist polarizing. But knowing Kentaro'south aesthetic and background and afterward hearing the music he equanimous played along with the show, this garment is clearly appropriate and thoroughly inspired. Hell, I would habiliment it if someone could go ahold of information technology in a size 8. While the dress is a very elementary silhouette, the netting detail is perfectly business firm and holds its shape incredibly well while the model moves, creating a natural yet intentional looking effect. I idea it was a stiff and memorable piece to end on and congratulate Kentaro on his win.

pr16-ep14-kk-final-10.jpg

My Favorite Looks All Together

Project Runway's "Sweet 16" is over, and onto some other one! Information technology's ever bittersweet when nosotros take to say goodbye to some other set of designers...simply we'll probably see them on All Stars soon. Let me know which looks were your favorite!

If yous'd like to keep upwards with my web log, exist sure to give me a like on Facebook. Until next fourth dimension!

Style

mode, project runway, flavor 10, ayana ife, brandon kee, margarita alvarez, kentaro kameyama, tim gunn, heidi klum, zac posen, nina garcia, lifetime tv, tv, tv, runway, fashion week